Thursday, March 25, 2010

PLATEAU




PLATEAU: little or no change.....

this has been my challenge the past 5 months..... count them FIVE!!! i started my weight loss journey in April 2009 and the goal set before me was to lose 75 pounds UGH!!!!! At the time it seemed IMPOSSIBLE, something that i hoped would happen, i dreamed would happen, thus, the journey begins. The first 30 pounds fell off, oh sure it was hard work, but, every week i was seeing a loss for all the sweat and calorie watching i was doing. In early September, i set a goal, i wanted to loss 45 pounds by Halloween. At the time it seemed doable, after all, i had successfully lost about 35 pounds. I was exercising about 5-6 days a week, i was careful about every thing i put into my mouth.Certainly i could lose 10 pounds in about 6 weeks. HA!

Well, lets fast forward to March 24,2010, i finally hit the 45 pound lost mark! yes, i will lose 45 pounds by Halloween, Halloween 2010! keeping a sense of humor hasn't always been the easiest thing to do the past 5 months. I hit a plateau and since November 11,2009 i didn't lose a pound!! sure i did lose and gain the same 1-2 pounds for 5 months. Last week at weight watchers, i was ready to quit, throw in the towel, i had enough of exercising and watching every morsel going into my mouth and showing up on Wednesday morning to weigh in and the scale showing NO results..... when someone has lost a lot of weight, very seldom do they talk about plateaus. It is the thing that makes someone want to quit. But i couldn't, i have come to far. Plus, if i quit i would have let myself and others down!! if i would have quit after last week i wouldn't have had the celebration yesterday!! i lost 5.8 pounds woo hooo!!! it made me cry, because, if i would have done what i wanted to do i wouldn't have been at weight watchers yesterday. I am soooo glad i didn't listen to my voice!!! lots of people go through plateaus, but until it happens to you, you can't appreciate the courage it takes to keep going when all you want to do is throw in the towel , or throw the scale out the window!!!


I have ordered a shirt from Team 413 , the back of the shirt is posted at the top of this blog....
Philippians 4:13
" I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength:"

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you Sandra. You are quite the inspiration!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, proud of you too! You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you! Let us know how we can help.
    Chris Gillespie
    Founder & Executive Director
    TEAM 413 - GRACERUNNER Ministries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Sandra!!!! I'm so proud of you! This is a great accomplishment and to work through a plateau like that is amazing!! Also, I love your blog!! I read it the first time a few days ago but somehow didn't get my comments to post. Hopefully, it will work this time! Lots of love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what did you do differently to break your Plateau???? I have heard of changing your meals up and eating breakfast at nite. Whatever you did congratulations keep up the good work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the words of encouragement. Michele, i exercised less, but when i did exercise i worked REALLY hard. and i ate more food on the days i exercised. hopefully i can continue, maybe my body just needed time to adjust to the weight loss?? who knows!!!

    ReplyDelete