Monday, March 1, 2010

I am NOT a hair professional.....

I have always had this idea that i might like to be a hair stylist. I began my "career" a few summers ago, my first "Client" was Janet aka "true friend". It all began on a hot summer night and she wanted a new color.... so the adventure began, she had a box of Clairol, and we set up shop.The FIRST attempt didn't work out so well, off to wal-mart we went, i was kinda hoping she would just drop me off at the door, i wanted to save her the embarressment of seeing someone she knew..... Heck, i wanted to save her from the embarressment of seeing everyone!!!! Let's just say the color didn't look so good on her, it was kinda like sunflower yellow!!! In we went, to purchase a color that would work..... oh my, the hair stylist career wasn't working out so well for me.... we purchased another box of Clairol and headed back to janet's house.... so the process began all over again!This time the color turned out kinda like pumpkin orange.....she convinced me to stay the night.( because at this point it was very late)The next morning when i woke up she was on the phone with the kind folks at Clairol, they told her "do not color you hair again, because, it could fall out or turn green." OH SHOOT!!! Well, let's fast forward to last night.... i wanted to color my hair, i went to the store and purchased some Clairol....... (why did i do that?) i picked a color i thought would look good, came home and set up shop.....guess what??? when it was done and i washed and blew it dry... it looked nothing like the color on the box!!!!! DUH!!! I am so glad God is not like that...we never have to wonder what we are getting when it comes to Him. He does what he says He will do," I will never leave you nor, forsake you."
well, on my to do list for tomorrow... call a hair professional.....

2 comments:

  1. So...I shouldn't depend on you to give me my highlights I was talking about today????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... don't you remember what happened when I colored mine that one time? haha!!! Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete