Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cracker Barrel Sundays



Sundays have become my favorite day of the week, not only do i go to church, but Sunday is the day i have lunch with Jamie and Andrew. Today on the way to church i realized how much i love this time with them. When they both were at home our day for our regulary scheduled family dinner was monday night, i cooked and they were both at home and of course jason was here too, (i am planning on dedicating a whole blog on jason). Well, they are not living at home anymore, so Sunday has become our day. We used to try to figure out where to go, it has become easier just to meet at Cracker Barrel. We discuss lots of issues around the lunch table, politics,religion,sports,sports,sports,girls,movies, music and much more. i value this time to connect with my boys, they have quickly become men and it is priceless to get to know them for who they are becoming and learning what makes them tick even if i don't always agree i always try to respect them.
i know when i receive a call and it has "jamie" or "andrew" on the caller i.d , it makes me happy and they can tell by the way i answer the phone i am glad they called me. I wonder if God feels the same way when i talk to him and try to get to know Him.
i will continue to enjoy my "Cracker Barrel Sundays"

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting thought. I miss my impromptu lunches I used to have with Lindsay while she was going to Liberty and before moving to Raleigh. It's so wonderful when I'm able to have all 3 of my kinds together at one time. Lots of laughter, love, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine your house without two little boys in it! Nobody rides couch cushions down the stairs anymore? I love you blog Sandra! You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete