Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thank You...



The past 2 weeks i have gone to dinner or coffee with two different friends who are going through some tough issues in their life. As i listen to them tell their story, i feel like i have been kicked in the stomach. Why? because i can understand what they are going through, i can relate, i take myself back to that place i was when my world turned upside down. UGH!! As i look back, almost 10 years later, it amazes me, no, it OHmazes me to see God's hand on mine and my boys life. I never thought i would ever feel "normal" again. Actually i don't know what "normal" is, but i know i can say "Thank you" to God for carrying me when i couldn't carry myself,for loving me when i didn't feel lovable, bringing people into my life i can't imagine living without, and giving me a joy that i can't understand or explain.


Today in church the question was raised.... "Is there a purpose for your pain?" God doesn't waste a hurt, habit or hang up. i have to be willing to use them for His good. you might not know how God is going to use your life experience to encourage someone else...give someone a little bit of hope that they once again will feel "normal" again.


There is a song that i love, it was my theme song back in the day of the just barely making it through... it is called "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owen.. ( i tried to post on this blog, but.... those who know me best know that i am a little challenged when it comes to technology) so, look it up on youtube.com!!! The words to that song are powerful!!!


My life verse is found in Acts 20:24


"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."


it has been God's grace that has carried and sustained me, for that i have a thankful heart.
Have a great week and live laffing!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment