Sunday, February 7, 2010

What else do you do on Super Bowl Sunday? Start a Blog!

I am a "blog addict" i love to read blogs. i am right now reading several running blogs, they have been really inspiring. those running blogs are great! if i read them does it mean i have had my exercise for the day?
As the description says..... i am a middle age person who also happens to be an empty nester;however, i do have my second wind!! One of the ways i have expanded my horizons is by running, have you tried it? Well, let's just say the only running i have been doing in my 40 something years has been to the refrigerator.I thought i needed to start getting in shape and dropping the baby weight, after all my baby did turn 19 on his last birthday.anyway, i have always heard running is a great way to drop the pounds. HA! if you can only run to the kitchen and back you don't drop the pounds too quickly.... so began the process of building strength and endurance..... ok side note.... running also builds patience, especially when i could only run for 3 seconds at a time... i didn't get too far.So the journey begins!!! A friend told me she wanted to start running too! Great! misery loves company and there have been some miserable moments.... one of them was our first "race" if you want to call it that, everyone else was racing, i was trying to keep breathing and moving at the same time. She was a great sport, she stayed with me the WHOLE race. we only ran at the start of the race and when we saw the finish line.Yea! we finished...... dead LAST!!!
Keep Laughing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment