Sunday, August 22, 2010

Change


well, it has been awhile since my last post, i have had a good summer... can you believe a new school year is right around the corner?? CRAZY!!


This summer was busy, i made a couple of trips to Kentucky, a trip to Michigan (spent time with a friend from middle school, her husband and 2 boys in the northern michigan). My Grandma "Granny" passed away this summer, she was a funny, sweet, and caring lady! she celebrated her 90th birthday on June 10th and she passed away on June 27th.


Granny was someone that made me laugh, i have many memories of her, one of my favorites is when Granny, my mom and i took a road trip to michigan a couple of years ago.... she was game for anything she was funny and she didn't even know she was funny. i loved to ask her questions about her life growing up and how she met my grandpa . One thing i loved about my Granny was she had a deep faith, i know she prayed for me. She also, ironed EVERYTHING!!!! her sheets, her P.J's, her jeans everything... She will be missed!!


Change......for the past 5 years i have worked at The Family Alliance, i love my job it is rewarding and challenging. On July 1st our agency merged with another great agency in our community The Presbyterian Home and Family Services (http://www.phfs.org/) we are moving onto the campus of PHFS on Tuesday!! what a huge task, it is good,exciting and a bit nerve wracking!!The campus is BEAUTIFUL!!!


Change...... Jamie and Andrew moved into a house with a couple of their friends, it is a great move and i know they will have a lot of good memories. Andrew is working for a Steel company and he has been traveling, he is gone monday through thursday... he has been learning alot!! i am so thankful for who my boys have become, they are kind, compassionate, funny, hardworking, and loving!! they make me very proud.


Change..... i have been running a lot lately! last saturday my long run was 9 miles! yeah right!! no, really!! i have learned that like life, running takes alot of dedication, patience and persistence. i am training to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) in november. i am soo excited about this, i can't wait..... that is a big change in my life. i have never wanted to run 13.1 miles... now that is what i have my sight set on!!!


Change is inevitable it is all around us, sometimes change is good, hard or sad. The one thing that will never is change is God's love for us.




livelaffing!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment